Skip to main content

January Favorites


This is actually my first time to do a beauty related post and my topic would be my monthly favorites.  Just like all beauty bloggers do, I would tell you the products that I’ve been using the most for the past month and I will try to do a quick review on each of them.  Let’s get started.

EOS Sweet Mint Lip Balm


I’ve been using this non stop since I received it in the mail. I searched for this lip balm in almost every beauty store I know in Dubai but can’t really find it. So when I took my yearly Christmas vacation in the Philippines, I ordered 4 pieces in different flavors from one of the reputable online sellers there. It was love at first application. I love the way it glides in my lips, nice and smooth. It moisturizes and hydrates my lips and has a soothing effect. Packaging is super cute and really inexpensive. I paid approximately 42 AED for 4 pieces.

                                                      
Stila Dream in Full Color Palette
This is part of Stila’s 2011 Holiday collection.  A very creative flower designed eye shadow and blush palette which contains 29 eye shadow shades and 7 blushers.  You will also get full sized Smudge Stick waterproof eyeliner in Stingray and a look book which shows step by step instructions on how to create 12 different looks.
I found myself reaching for this palette every morning. Because it has variety of different colors in different finish it’s so easy for me to decide which look I am going for, mostly neutral, everyday colors. Pigmentation of the eye shadows are amazing but not comparable to UD eye shadows which for me has the best quality indeed. Blushes has been getting a lot of negative reviews in the bloggers world.  As much as I love this palette, I have to agree with them.  The color pay off is mediocre. It will barely show in people with tan to dark skin tone like me. Yes, it is buildable but it will look powdery if you keep on adding more to achieve the right amount of color in your cheeks. I only tried using the blushes once, I’m not convinced. My six year old daughter loves everything about this palette, though. She’s the first to open the package when it arrives, used it and love it instantly merely because of the design. She even asked my husband to buy her the exact same thing since I refused to give it to her.


Victoria’s Secret’s Bombshell Eau de Parfum

I can’t rave enough how I love this scent. It has a sweet, floral, clean and fresh/fruity smell which is great for daytime. It works amazingly well with my body chemistry.  For some reason it reminds me of Versace Bright Crystal, but I love this one more. It lasts for a good 4-5 hours so I always bring the small size with me to spray more after lunch. I bought it in VS Burjuman Center during DSF and it was 50% off, I think. It also comes in a big gift set which I really regret not buying. I didn’t try it in the store so I don’t have any idea how fantastic the scent is.

 
Victoria’s Secret’s So Sexy Nourish Conditioner
First of all, the smell is to die for.  The scent is So Sexy, very feminine. It lingers in my hair the whole day. This has a very creamy/thick formulation and a little bit hard to get out of the bottle but hey that is a small price to pay for a quality product such as this. It makes my hair super soft, smooth and shiny.  I feel like my hair will qualify for a hair conditioner model. Lol. Seriously, this product is worth trying. I bought this on a whim, and I’m glad I did.


 
Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub


I saw this product in Project Vanity’s website and she’s constantly raving about this. When I got the chance, I hoarded on this with an excuse that I will try to promote and  sell it in my small online store. As soon as I start using this, I keep it in my personal drawer.  I don’t want to sell it anymore.  I’m afraid I will run out of this product and it will take time before I get ahold of this again.
Here’s what is says in the packaging:
“Asian Secrets Lulur Indonesian Whitening Body Scrub is a beauty treatment which originated from the Royal palaces of Java, Indonesia  and inspired by a ritual called LULUR. Lulur was originally intended for the bride-to-be in order to beautify, smoothen whiten her skin before the wedding day.”

This contains fine beads that will gently scrub, exfoliate and remove dead skin cells to promote skin renewal. After using this in the shower, I can instantly feel the softness of my skin. It claims to whiten your dark areas like elbows, knees, armpits and the areas between the thighs if you use it frequently.  In just a few weeks of using it I noticed significant results. It whitens and smoothen that area without the harsh feeling you will get from using abrasive body scrubs. I love the smell, nice and subtle. I will defiantly recommend this to anyone who enjoys pampering themselves. I am completely obsessed!




There you have it.  These are all the products that I used regularly for the past month. If you may notice I didn’t include skin care because my skin has been breaking out since December and my current skin care routine wasn’t able to control it. I am still on the market for a new skin care product that will help alleviate my present skin condition.

What were your favorites last month?  Please share it cause  I love trying out new products. Have a great Saturday everyone!  J

Bisou bisou,

glitzylady







Comments

  1. EOS lipbalms are the best! I just ordered my second one in summer fruit. I love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, right. I also have it in summer fruit. I think I should try it out now. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ..reminding you of versace bright crystal-----> yes i have this one! when my bottle reach 15% of content i totally stop using, for me not to forget the scent, ;)) (ang totoo nyan ayaw p bumili har!har!) tnx glitzy fo this blogs my next in line will be this VS Bombshell Eau de Perfum...
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gamela! I really thought versace and bombshell has the same scent but I'm not totally sure if they have notes similar to each other. Try VS bombshell and let me know if we have the same sense of smell/perception:) Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
    2. yes for sure i will treat my self for this VS bombshell! weather same scent or not..hmmmnn i cant resist i like those scent in smilar, suave!!!;)

      Delete
  4. where is Asian Secrets Lulur Whitening Body Scrub available in UAE??:)
    i love asian products, i personally find them better than brand slike the body shop:D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Batul, I don't think Asian Secrets Lulur body scrub is available here. I had it in my online shop last month. If you're really interested I will inform you once I replenish my stock. :) I'm pretty sure you would love it too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Mani Mania - NYX Girl Nail Polish in Perfect Gray and Frizzy Spots

I am not a big fan of glitter polishes just because removing them on your nails is nightmare. I’ve purchased these two NYX polishes for quite a while now and I don’t know why I just let it sit in my drawer and never get around to trying it. I should’ve given my nails a festive make over with this polish. Since summer is fast approaching here in Dubai, I would take advantage of the remaining winter days to wear this color. I used Sally Hansen as my base coat. It is important to use a base coat before applying the actual nail polish because it will help protect your nail keratin. Then I added one coat of NYX Perfect Gray. I just want a thin application of this as I am planning to put a thick layer of glittered nail polish. Perfect Gray goes on opaque in three coats; make sure to remember that if you plan on wearing it alone. I then layered two heavy coats of Frizzy spots.   It is a black jelly based polish with big and small silver hexagonal glitters.   I tried wearing it

Products I've Used Up - Hits and Misses

Hey everyone! We're already on the third month of the year and February went by in a blur for me. We've been so busy at work and feel like it's draining my time and energy hence the scarcity of my post. So I decided that my first March post  would be to show you the products that I've used up last month. It's a mishmash of things that I love and those that I didn't hate but kind of regret spending my money on. I'm trying to really finish up the product not only the "hits" but even the "misses" ones because I don't want to waste it. It's quite an achievement for me every time I will finish something up.  BIODERMA SENSEBIO H2O CLEANSER This was my third one and I still have 4 back up bottles, suffice it to say that I really admire this product.  I love how it took off my make up without aggravating my skin. I use it to remove eye make up as well. I soaked the cotton pad with this and hold it over my eyes for half a m

Body Shop Chocomania

Calling all the chocoholics out there! Finally, we can have all the chocolate we want and satisfy our choco craving without endangering our weight and figure.  Thanks to Body Shop Chocomania. Chocomania Shower, Moisture & Scrub Luxury Gift An indulgent bathing regime with the delicious scent of chocolate.                                                                                                                                      Includes:        Chocomania Soap 3.5 oz        Chocomania Shower Cream 8.4 fl oz        Chocomania Body Scrub 7.75 oz        Chocomania Body Butter 6.7 oz        Chocomania Lip Butter 0.3 oz           Bath Gloves Among these items, I’ve only tried the shower cream, body scrub and body butter.  I used the Chocomania  Shower Cream first, it smells delightful like you would literally want to taste it in the shower. J Then I exfoliate using the Chocomania Body Scrub . It has the same decadently chocolate-y sce